Currency used in the Canary Islands
Italy uses the Euro, which is currently exchanged at $1.10 for 1 Euro. So it’s not that much more expensive, but keep in mind that you’re always spending 10% more. This might not seem like a huge difference but a 40 euro meal turns into a $48 meal.
My Budget for Sorrento, Capri, & Pompeii
- $119 USD round-trip train from Florence to Sorrento
- $320 USD for a 3-night stay at a Hotel (Late April)
- $125 USD for food & drink
- $14 USD for Pompeii visit
- $8 USD for a round-trip train from Sorrento to Pompeii
- $65 USD for an excursion to Capri
- $651 USD TOTAL for a 3-night trip to Sorrento, Italy
The Best Budget Tips & How to Spend Money in the Sorrento, Capri, & Pompeii
- Budgeting in Sorrento and Southern Italy is difficult because these parts are extremely touristy, don’t come here if you want a cheap trip
- Take advantage of free breakfast at the hotel or make breakfast at your Airbnb
- Excursions will be expensive, but you can’t miss them! Do your best to pack lunches to places like Pompeii and Capri to save some money while also using free audio guides by people such as Rick Steves
- Most restaurants will have similar prices, make sure you go to a decent one so you’re not wasting your money
Remember if you would like to learn more about any of the places included in my best budget & spending tips for Sorrento, Capri, & Pompeii, then you can visit my all-inclusive guide for free here!